News


Press release

On September 30th 2008, Bulgari has celebrated the opening of its new Paris flagship store.

Located at the corner of Rue Franšois 1er and Avenue George V, the new store will be the fourth location in Paris following the boutiques on Avenue Montaigne and Place Vend˘me at number 10 and 25. It will also be the largest Bulgari store in Europe with 1.500 square meters of retail space on two levels.

Inspired by the volumes and architecture of ancient palaces, the new Bulgari store uses all of the brand codes, reinterpreted with great finesse by the company's in-house architectural team. It embodies a new architectural concept, the "twin store," with two separate entrances for two worlds which subtly mingle inside through the clever arrangement of materials and soft colours.

The outside "rotunda" fašade features a sophisticated contemporary design, spaced by diamond-shaped columns in gris pulpis marble. Facing Rue Franšois 1er, shoppers will find a complete assortment of jewellery and watches. On the Avenue George V side, glass display cases will showcase the latest Bulgari accessories collections for men and women. An entrance in the centre of the "rotunda" provides a link between the two spaces.
Tall petal-shaped ivory columns treated with encaustic soar up towards the next level, illuminated by the light of a large chandelier specially made by master Italian glassmakers. The chandelier cascades downward from the transparent glass dome over the "rotunda".

A wide copper staircase is concealed behind all this transparency and light. Its suspended ramps and glass side panels provide the staircase a floating appearance. With its luminous risers - a hallmark of the new architectural concept for Bulgari stores - it leads visitors towards the suspended display cases containing fine jewels from the High Jewellery collection.

The overall store design is alternated by panels of stone and oak treated with encaustic, jewellery display cases and large panels of silk stretching from floor to ceiling. Soft, warm colours mingle naturally such as bleached oak and rich, glossy brown oak, Trani marble and encaustic finishes.
The six-meter-high space in the accessories area is enclosed by a steel-mesh display balustrade.
A light-coloured, diamond-shaped wall, treated with encaustic and decorated with Trani marble, connects the accessories and jewellery areas.

This architectural achievement has been realised by 250 craftsmen and workers from 35 companies. Altogether, they will have removed more than 550 tons of rubble, all of it recycled according to the environmental practises, and installed nearly 50 kilometres of cables. The 1,000-square-meter space will be fitted with 65 tons of fine marble.

The Bulgari Group is a major player on the global luxury market. In 2007, its sales totalled 1.091 billion euros. Bulgari stores are located on the most prestigious shopping areas around the world and the brand has a network of selective distributors. As of June 30, 2008, the 252 existing Bulgari boutiques included 155 directly owned by Bulgari. The Bulgari product portfolio ranges from jewellery and watches to accessories and fragrances. The Group is controlled by the Bulgari family, which owns approximately 52% of its capital, with the remaining 48% being traded on the Milan Stock Exchange.

www.bulgari.com

Archives